It is necessary for you to apply for a HIIA permit for a fence, swimming pool, any improvement, construction, alteration or demolition. Approval of the Association is required before construction may begin.
- Request a permit application package from our office or print a copy from the link found under the “HIIA Documents” tab.
- Review our Protective Covenants and Restrictions to insure that the proposed construction is compliant with all provisions of our PC&Rs.
- Note there are differences in the City of Destin’s regulations and Holiday Isle’s Protective Covenants & Restrictions! You are responsible for complying with both.
- Complete all information in the permit package.
- Submit the following back to our office:
- Completed permit application (incomplete package will NOT be approved).
- Completed set of plans and specs for all proposed construction, to be retained by our office. Please submit a small set of plans (8 ½ x 14 inches)
- Permit fee – The permit fee is $20.00 for the first $10,000.00 construction cost, plus $1.00 for each additional $1,000.00 cost. If you have any questions, call our office.
- Copy of City of Destin Building Permit.
- Upon approval by HIIA, permit will be issued.
- Permit shall be posted where it is visible from the street during construction.
- Permit is valid for one year from the date of issuance.